Low Carb Pumpkin Donut Recipe
Here’s a new recipe form Atkins that I’m going to make this weekend so there will be pictures to follow. These things look delicious and with 4g net carbs it fits right in with my 30g net carb goal. Depending on how good they are I may save up all my carbs to have a couple of these ;-).
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for Atkins low carb pumpkin donuts:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin (no salt)
- 2 Lg. Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/3 Cup Erythritol Powder
- 1 Pinch Stevia
- 2 tbsps Unsalted Butter Stick
- tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 /4 cups Organic High Fiber Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsps Organic 100% Whole Ground Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsps Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger (Ground)
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg (Ground)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 6-well doughnut pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine the pumpkin, eggs, coconut milk, granular sugar substitutes, melted butter, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl blend together the coconut flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg. Add this mixture to the wet mixture until thoroughly incorporated and spoon into the wells of the baking pan. The wells should be overflowing but the batter is thick enough to stay within the wells.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then flip over onto a baking rack to continue cooling. Dust with powdered erythritol or make a quick glaze with 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol and 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice or water. Makes 6 doughnuts, 1 serving = 1 doughnut. For the mini doughnuts or doughnut holes the recipe makes about 15 doughnuts at 1.5g NC each.
According to Atkins.com these low carb donuts are acceptable for Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the diet with the exception that they are a little high in NC for a treat. Each serving contains 1.1g of FV (foundation vegetables) You can also half the serving and bake them into mini pumpkin donuts and each one would be 2g net carbs.
Be sure to check out all of my low carb diet reviews here.